Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Well, a dear woman from my past has started a trend of Blogs called Thankful Thursday. So for my first shot at a blog, I figured what would be easier than telling the things I am thankful for? And through this one, I can also introduce all to the things that mean most to my heart.

So on this first Thankful Thursday from "Cece" [more on that below]...

1) I am thankful for the wonderful world wide internet that connects me to so many prescious people from my past, and allows me to keep in touch with everyone near or far.

2) I am thankful for a God-sent Husband, who is everything I ever dreamed of and more. For his support, his patience, his humor and all the love he never fails to give.

3) I am thankful for the nickname "Cece" which comes from the little kiddies in my life who are nearest and dearest to my heart. My now 13 yr old (WOW! How the heck did that happen so fast!!!) nephew could not say Marcie when he first started talking, and so "Cece" is what came out and Cece I now am to all the most prescious jewels in my life!

4) I am thankful for coming home from work to dinner on the table, and a wonderful companion to eat with every single night.

5) I am thankful for my car which allows me to go back and forth between my home of 25 years, and my new home since this May.

6) I am thankful for a few given people who lead me along my journey to getting closer to God: my Aunt and Uncle Teresa & Knotty, my oldest-truest-never-give-up-on-me-kind-of friend, Abby & her amazing parents (Linn & Dwight), and my second parents, Bonnie and Al. The ways the have carved this life and heart of mine, they will never truly know. It was through them that I was able to build my relationship with God.

7) I am thankful for a mother who is now also a friend.

8) Oh yeah, I am thankful for the many years I have been able to make a living just by "playing" with kids.

No comments: